Low level laser therapy (LLLT)
What is low level laser or photobiomodulation (PBM)?
First developed over 30 years ago, Photobiomodulation (PBM) is an effective, non-invasive, drug-free solution that has no known side effects. Cold LASER therapy or PBM harnesses the energy of light and uses it to heal tissue by applying specific type of light (wavelength).
The light penetrate the skin’s surface and underlying tissues to activate mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell, and accelerates the healing process. The result is that the body is able to heal itself in a shorter period of time and reduced pain, swelling and inflammation.
PBM and laser therapy has been used successfully to treat athletic injuries, acute & chronic conditions, repetitive strain disorders, tissue healing and wound healing and shingles, and much more.
There are a number of benefits to using PBM over other electro modalities. There are more research on phototherapy and laser therapy than all electro modalities combined.
We use LASER Therapy in combination with many of our therapies to speed recovery and aid with pain management.
Benefits of Phototherapy and Cold Laser Therapy
- Heals tissue faster than normal healing
- Increased circulation
- Increased cell metabolism
- Decreases inflammation and pain
- Promotion of bone formation or healing
- Accelerates and improved healing after surgery
- Improved immune system function
- Non-invasive and extremely safe to use
- Short treatment times compared to other modalities
- Can be used on patients with circulation and nerve impairments, pacemakers and directly over metal or plastic implants
Conditions that can benefit from LLLT (Laser)/PBM
- Chronic Pain and Acute Pain reduction
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Arthritis – Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis and Bursitis
- Swelling and Inflammation conditions, Bruising, Edema
- Muscle pain and Trigger point
- Sprains and strain
- Sports medicine for injury of athletes
- Sinusitis, migraine and tension headache
- Fibromyalgia and Neuralgia
- Decreased circulation of lower limbs
- Facial pain
- Lower back pain
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome – Hand
- Whiplash neck injuries
- TMJ (Jaw Pain)
- Shoulder pain
- Spinal disc herniation
- Tendinitis and Bursitis
- Cosmetic facial contouring, scars and keloid repair
- Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Orthopedic implants
- Bone fractures
- Post surgical healing of scars, incision site and pain, swelling, bruising
- Post operative knee and hip rehabilitation
Chiropody and Podiatry conditions
- Foot pain, foot swelling, foot bone fractures
- Plantar Fasciitis – foot, heel Spurs, Achilles tendonitis
- Diabetic foot ulcer healing
How frequent or how long is the treatment?
The frequency of the treatment depends on severity, duration of the injury and the location of the injured site. It ranges from 2-3x per week for 3-8 weeks. The treatment protocols follow the clinical recommendation by the manufacture. The protocol may also be modified based on each specific case. Each treatment may last from 15-20 minutes.
Or contact us by email or phone call to schedule a session.